Hair extensions can give a great look but be wary where you are wearing them. Swimming with hair extension is probable but with more care and concern before going in a pool. It depends how long you are swimming which might affect them in some ways that can damage them. Pools are cleansed with chlorine which can have harmful effects on the extensions.
So here are some tips to help you if look after hair extension while swimming:
- Braid your hair before you get into the pool. This will help the hairs not to get too tangled.
- When going in a pool with chlorine be aware that the chlorine present in the water will damage the extension in the same way they damage the root hairs.
- So, don’t stay in chlorinated water and wash your hairs immediately after swimming with hair extensions in a pool.
Wear a swim cap
- If you are diving or swimming it is better to wear a swim cap as it will protect your hairs from both water and sun.
- If you’re sitting in the sun for a long time it is better not to pull the extension and remove carefully and let them cool off before brushing them.
Do not be a Mermaid
- The swimming won’t damage the bonds of the hair extension but it is better not to stay in the water for a long time.
- It is advised not to have your extension wet for more than 2 hours, or it might start shedding.
- Just sitting near the water and getting the ends of your hair wet is nothing to worry for.
- Remember to take care of the hair extensions by conditioning them.
- Provide them with proper cleansing and replenish their moisture after hours in the water.
It is okay to have fun in the summertime by going in a pool with hair extensions but to make sure to properly follow the steps like not staying water for too long, braid frequently, conditioning and you would be good to go with your extensions.