Even though we hate the existence of the pores they actually play an important role in keeping our skin naturally lubricated and moisturized. Pores are the visible opening in the skin of the hair follicles. These pores are connected to the oil releasing glands and therefore makes our skin feel oilier and sweatier. The size of these pores is genetically determined but if the collagen around them is weakened or they become clogged the size of the pores may seem larger.
We can’t really get rid of the pores or can permanently reduce their size but their appearance can be minimized to a certain degree with home remedies or products.
Steps to make your pores look instantly smaller:
- Exfoliating can help in removing pore-clogging of dead cells and excess oil from the surface of the skin.
- Serums and toners which contain chemical exfoliants with AHAs or BHAs.
- Our pores are filled up with dead skin cells so we need to use the exfoliator on a regular basis.
- Using water-based products:
- People with oily skin should choose oil-free products, including water-based makeup.
- Products that are high in humectants rather than oils should benefit more to people with oily skin.
- Use a Retinoid:
- When the collagen weakens the lining of the pores increases and the pores seem enlarged.
- Use a retinoid serum or cream to stimulate collagen and strengthen the walls making pores look smaller.
- When using retinol start with using a small amount and increase the frequency when the skin builds up a tolerance.
- Apply clay masks:
- Clay and charcoal make helps to remove impurities and oil.
- The effects of masks are temporary so should be used on a regular basis.
- Remove makeup at night:
- It is essential to remove makeup at night before going to sleep.
- If we sleep wearing makeup it will clog the pores and all the sweat and oil will retain in these pores.
- Wash up your face before sleep.
- Wear sunscreen
- Exposure of skin in the sun can cause dry skin making pores appear larger.
- People should wear SPF 30 or more.
There are a lot of ways to minimize pores on a face and it is necessary for those with enlarged pores to take care of the skin. These remedies are effective and can be used effectively with in-home products or with dermatologist recommended products.